Are you an enthusiastic, creative, and committed young adult who would like to be part of making a difference in your community?
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Grey Bruce and Western Simcoe is looking for an Agency Support Worker to assist in their Owen Sound office for 8 weeks this summer, starting July 4th, 2023. This role is compensated at $16.55/hour and welcomes applications from both students and young adults (16+).
The Agency Support Worker provides administrative and program support for BBBS, assists with promotion and marketing, generates branding, assists with youth programs, and participates in event planning and fundraising. This staff person reports to the Executive Director and will be required to follow the National Standards of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada.
The Agency Support Worker will:
- Assist in providing critical administrative support to various programs, volunteers and staff
- Assist with marketing initiatives, promotion of BBBS programs and services
- Assist with fundraising efforts and communications
- Assist with recruitment of volunteers, mentors, and youth
- Supports teamwork and the deliverables of youth programs
- Assists with day-to-day office operations, filing and support
The Support Worker will need to be able to:
- Prepare and organize program materials
- Exhibit excellent organizational and time management skills
- Be able to work collaboratively, take initiative and support team success
- Adhere to strict confidentiality policies and practices in and outside of the office
- Adhere to proper Health and Safety protocols
The successful candidate will have:
- High school/post-secondary education or certificate training (completed or on-going)
- Strong computer skills: word processing, email, social media, MS Office 365
- Experience with graphic design/marketing considered an asset
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills
- Friendly, collaborative, community-driven approach
- A driver’s license would be considered an asset
If you are creative, socially committed and have a desire to make a difference in the lives of youth in your community, we encourage you to apply!
The successful candidate will be required to provide a Vulnerable Sector Check. (Costs covered by the Agency)
Submissions are due JUNE 30th, 2023.
Please send your application to email@example.com
This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs Program.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Grey Bruce is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and interview process and work environment. We thank all applicants who apply, however acknowledgement will only be forwarded to those applicants who are invited for an interview.